IOM hiring Regional ICT Assistant.
Open to internal and external candidates
- Reference : ROWCA-HR-21-204-VN
- Position Title :**Regional ICT Assistant**
- Duty station: Dakar, Senegal
- Classification: General Services, Grade G6
- Type of appointment: One Year Fixed Term, 12 months with possibility of extension
- Estimated Start Date: As soon as possible
- Closing date: 11-août-21
Established in 1951, IOM is a Related Organization of the United Nations, and as the leading UN agency in the field of migration, works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment. Applications are welcome from internal and external candidates, particularly qualified female candidates. For this vacancy, applications from qualified and eligible internal candidates are considered before those of qualified and eligible external candidates in the selection process.
Under the direct supervision of the Senior Regional Resources Management Officer and the overall supervision of the Regional Director, the Assistant is responsible and accountable for providing ICT assistance at local and regional level.
S/he is responsible and accountable for administration and monitoring of the Regional Office network, including its security, installation, and maintenance of software and hardware, assistance to users, assistance on purchase and reception of ICT materials and equipment at local and regional level.
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
- Identify ICT needs and interventions for all IOM Missions under the RO Dakar coverage and support IOM activities at the RO Dakar.
- Support: ITC systems implementation, ITC infrastructures changes; installation of systems, network components and software; suggest best technical solutions in order to achieve standards program and objectives. Monitor proactively, identify major gaps and provide recommendations to address any associated risks to minimize downtime and maximize effective utilization of organizational IT resources.
- Maintenance and administration of IOM corporate-critical applications such as MiMOSA, SAP, I-Gator, PRISM, Amadeus, Intranet portal, etc. to ensure effective liaison with technical counterparts (helpdesk and software partners) for proper functioning and availability of those systems.
- Provide training on use of ICT software and hardware to Country Offices users in the region.
- Monitor systems and networks (LAN, WAN) and perform essential maintenance such as: server controls, data integrity tasks (back up, disk space etc.). Support local databases and applications doing technical upgrades and maintenance plan. Installation and update of hardware and software.
- Provide support on installation, operation and administration of security for various system and network components, access to internet and protection against computer worms and viruses, implementation of IT disaster recovery services, among others.
- Maintain ICT inventory and related documents, implement IOM ICT standards, maintain updated network diagrams.
- Support and enforce data confidentiality and information security guidelines in line with IOM’s data protection policy and IT information security policy.
- Maintenance of Regional Office’s website and social media’s implementation in coordination with the Public Information Officer.
- Installation and maintenance of telephony system in the Regional Office and provide assistance to Country missions on such services.
- Support missions with systems upgrades and to implement ICT infrastructure changes: install systems, network/VSAT components and software, to recommend best technical solutions to ICT systems and application performance. Assist mission to implement best internet connection, liaise with ICT Manila as required and service providers, including troubleshooting hardware failures and service interruptions.
- Provide assistance on enforcing IOM ICT policies and relationships with local IT partners, suppliers and service providers in the region.
- Provide periodic reports on support delivered, incidents such as unplanned system or network downtimes, action taken and status of assigned ICT projects. Report on IT operations needs and progress.
- Act as MIDAS IT Regional focal point, to provide support on MIDAS IT assessment, implementation and upgrade for mission under RO Dakar coverage in coordination with MIDAS teams in IOM Geneva and Tanzania.
- Support CANVAC project for missions under RO Dakar coverage n coordination with CANVAC team in Geneva and VFS Global in India.
- Provide support to IT Staff from missions under RO Dakar coverage.
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in information and communication technologies and/or a related field from an accredited academic institution with four years of relevant professional experience; or
- High school degree in the above fields with six years of relevant professional experience.
- Very good knowledge of advanced computer tools (New web technology, CMS, TCP/IP networks, Exchange Messaging, Active Directory, etc.).
- CISCO, Microsoft certification and GIS skills would be an asset.
- Ability to work alone and in a team.
- Knowledge of the region is an advantage.
- Fluency in English and French is required.
- Working knowledge of a local language a distinct advantage.
- Values – all IOM staff members must abide by and demonstrate these three values:
- Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
- Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
- Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators level 2
- Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
- Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
- Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
- Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
- Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring, and motivational way.
Managerial Competencies – behavioural indicators level 2
- Leadership: provides a clear sense of direction, leads by example and demonstrates the ability to carry out the organization’s vision; assists others to realize and develop their potential.
- Empowering others & building trust creates an atmosphere of trust and an enabling environment where staff can contribute their best and develop their potential.
- Strategic thinking and vision: work strategically to realize the Organization’s goals and communicates a clear strategic direction.
- Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
- Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment,
- accreditation, any residency or visa requirements, and security clearances.
- Women with the above qualifications are encouraged to apply.
Interested internal and external candidates are invited to submit their applications via email to [email protected] indicating position applied on the subject line: « ROWCA-HR-21-204-VN , Regional ICT Assistant**».
For the applications to be considered valid, IOM only accepts applications with a cover letter not more than one page specifying the motivation for the application as well as a detailed resume/CV, function email address and mobile number.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.