Michael Page hiring Country Legal Counsel.
Based in Dakar, you report to the Head of Legal Africa and play a primary legal advising role for the local business.
In line with this role, you will be expected to fulfill the following assignments :
- Partnering with the business in achieving its goals by ensuring that legal and commercial risks are identified and managed effectively through robust contracting and legal risk management, and by delivering clear and practical strategies and solutions,
- Negotiating, drafting and reviewing contracts across all areas to protect the commercial and legal interests of the business and maximize value,
- Advising on and legal managing risk in relation to consumer protection and payments regulations including relevant regulatory assessment requirements and managing relationships with external bodies,
- Managing corporate governance and company secretarial work,
- Implementing group legal team policies and proposing periodic modifications,
- Implementing procedures to manage claims and disputes including pre-action case management, mediation, arbitration and litigation,
- Building and managing relationships with external law firms,
- Engaging in other aspects of the legal function and other special projects as topics arise.
The Successful Applicant
You have a degree in law together with a minimum of three years’ experience in a law firm followed by in-house legal experience in the private sector with regulated and listed multinational companies of the telcos, FMCG, banking, financial services & institutions industries in Senegal. In-country practical experience with commercial contracting is key for this role.
Troubleshooter, you have a strong drive, entrepreneur and planning skills together with high agility and wish to bring your country legal expertise to grow and succeed in a setting-up, fast-paced and fascinating start-up environment.
Pour postuler à ce poste veuillez visiter www.michaelpageafrica.com.