MSF is hiring a IT Application Manager.
Context & Mission
The MSF movement is built around 5 operational centres supported by 24 sections and offices worldwide. MSF Operational Centre of Geneva is one of these centres. The operations are implemented by around 40 field teams, 20 mission coordination teams and organizational units based in Africa, Middle East, Asia and CentralAmerica.
This position reports to the Head of projects and applications, in the IT department. The IT Application Manager helps business to establish and implement business processes in applications part of his portfolio.
S-he manages releases and patches, and participates to projects.
- In charge of IT applications for medical purpose
- Provide support to all our field user around the world
- Work closely with business in order to have a good understanding of the business requirements, business stakes, benefits, constraints, interdependencies.
- Ensure the consistency of the evolutions, propose change requests when needed
- Is responsible of the change request process (requirements, specifications, quotation, delivery, validation)
- Manage supplier to ensure delivery is made on time and budget
- Ensure the availability and quality of the solution. Build and deploy the test strategy.
- Liaise with the IT infrastructure and operations team to ensure the high availability of applications
- Deliver application’s documentation and formal reporting.
- Could manage small projects or participate to projects as contributor, under project manager’s responsibility
- Coordinate communication with all areas and stakeholders of the organization impacted by activities.
- Ensure coherence and good cooperation within the IT team.
- Deliver documentation and formal reporting.
- Install software executables on tablets, initializing software user accounts, collaborate with the technical team administrating the tablets.
Bachelor or Masters degree in computer science, information systems, engineering or related field
- Min 5 years of work experience in IT
- Experience with medical information system
- Experience in an international environment is a plus
- Experience with DHIS2 (installation, parametrization, usage, test)
- Experience in Web and mobile development
- Fluent in French and English.
- A language from the region is an advantage.
Requirements & Personal qualities
- Strong knowledge in application lifecycle management
- Good understanding and interest for Medical activities
- Ability to analyze and document processes and systems
- Autonomous and very well organized
- Flexible, pro-active, excellent team player
- Fluent in French, comfortable in English
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Committed to MSF values
Terms of Employment
- Open-end contract, 100%
- Based in Dakar
- Start date : as soon as possible
- Remuneration according to MSF Dakar HR policies
How to apply
Only applications submitted on the recruitment platform will be considered. Applications must contain : CV 2 p. max. – letter of motivation 1p. max. – in French or English.
Closing date for application is 10th October 2021
The applications will be treated confidentially.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.