Hugo is seeking a Project Lead.
About the Role :
With offices in Lagos and Nairobi where teams provide data and customer operations services in English, Hugo is expanding to the francophone market. As project lead, you will work with the Country Manager to set up an office in Dakar and recruit and train a team to execute a pilot project for a strategic client in French. The success of this pilot will be instrumental to Hugo’s continued growth and expansion. If successful, you will be invited to join the team permanently and continue to build Hugo’s presence in Senegal.
- Location : Dakar, Senegal
- Start Date : May 17, 2021
- Contract Duration : 3-month trial period with option for extension based on performance and success of pilot project
To nail your job you will :
Work hand-in-hand with the Senegal Country Manager to launch Hugo’s presence in Senegal. Specifically, you will:
- Set up the office space and procure the equipment needed for the pilot;
- Recruit 30-40 university graduates, based on qualifications outlined;
- Facilitate training on data annotation and client labeling guidelines in French;
- Create communication materials for Hugo’s website and social media;
- Problem solve and document issues as they arise;
- Communicate regularly with Hugo’s Lagos and global teams to align on SOPs and processes;
- Deliver on a successful 3-month pilot.
This pilot is meant to be a proof of concept in data annotation for one of the largest technology / social media companies in the world. If successful, Hugo will be building a 500+ employee francophone hub in Dakar within the next two years. Together with the country manager, the project lead will play a critical role in securing this opportunity and helping to create one of the largest digital youth employment centers in West Africa.
We’ll love you because you :
- write and speak English and French fluently;
- have a sense of initiative and can provide intelligent and relevant solutions without being asked;
- are flexible and comfortable in a startup environment that is growing and building structure along the way;
- are detail-oriented; you can spot inaccuracies and inconsistencies in diverse materials and documents to ensure your team delivers high-quality work;
- can process new information and ask relevant questions to understand new ideas, concepts, and tasks quickly;
- are results-oriented – you take action to over-deliver on your tasks; and,
- own your work and will take ownership of establishing the Senegal office and ensuring its success.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited, top-tier university (English or Business area of study preferred);
- 4+ years of operations/execution experience preferred;
- Proficiency with MS Office, G-Suite and basic communication technology (e.g. Slack);
- Familiarity with the Senegal market, knowledge of the university system preferred.